Accounts Assistant (One Post)
Job Type: Full Time
Report To: Accountant.
Duty Station: Mpanga Tea Factory
Job Role: Assist in preparation of financial reports, reconcile and maintain up-to-date and accurate information data in line with company financial, accounting policies and standards.
- Prepare and post journal entries and pass them to the Accountant for approval
- Verify arithmetical accuracy on source documents and correctness of cording and allocation to cost centers
- Reconcile debtors and creditors accounts to show a correct amount of what is demanded or owed
- Prepare and submit the payroll and other statutory requirements to the accountant for further management
- Prepare and submit summaries of estate activities and their values to the accountant and pick and deliver estates wages in line with the Company’s accounts guidelines
- Support the preparation of periodic reports
Qualification and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting / Finance or related disciplines from a recognized institution
- Partial qualification (ACCA, CPA, CIMA) will be an advantage
- A minimum of at least two years working experience in accounting and preferably in a manufacturing organization
- Knowledge of;
- Computerized accounting systems like SUN, Pastel and Tally, Biometric payroll
- Microsoft Excel, Access and MS Word
Skills and Abilities:
- Supervisory skills
- Analytical skills
- Asset/inventory management
- Communication and Interpersonal skills
All applications, Curriculum Vitae, Certificates, and Academic Transcripts, three referees include their postal addresses and telephone contacts should be submitted to the office of Human Resource Manager, Mpanga Growers Tea Factory Limited or email@example.com copy to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5th September 2022 before 5:00pm or P.O. Box 585, Fort Portal.